• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

seat swapping

bent-grill

Are there any good seats I could yank at a junkyard that would be worth the time? I want a set of seats that offer more bolstering than the stock seats, aftermarket seats are an option but the cheapest ones I would consider are 600 bucks for cheap sparcos. I can fabricate brackets to adapt the donor seats. Any recommendations or should I just suck it up and start saving for non-crap seats?

just checked pricing on bride and recaro seats, ugg, nice seats are expensive.

I'm pretty sure people rig s60r seats into 240s. They're pretty luxury and have really nice bolstering. Something I plan to do myself as a cheaper alternative.

I just went down this road. Best seats I could find in j.yard were lincoln ls seats. I made a adapter to mount the front of the seats then drilled 2 holes for the rear. I now have leather, electric seats. The car was a 2005 lincoln ls. In the j.yard the lincolns seemed to have the best seats. If you want pictures pm me your phone #and Ill send them to you.

I got my Kirkey for $60 at a racing flea market. I could have paid less.

get racing seats, recaros etc...that way when you part out & crush your car there's at least some money back in the seats.

ooh, e46 seats look good. Fortunately i need them in brown, should be easy-ish to find.

Yeah.... They're pretty good. Far better than the OE 740 seats. The only thing I'm trying to track down now is a school with an upholstery program that will redo my seats for the cost of material.

Swaped many differnt seats into many different makes/models

It all depends what you like. Comfort and style are not always the same

240s are a little more tricky to find something that works because their floor isnt flat. I was able to remove MBZ bottom seat motors and pair them to 240 rails. BMW seats (later ones) dont really let you do that without major fabrication. I used W201 sport seats made by recaro

late 80s and earlier MBZ seats are what I like the best because of the way they are made. They hardly fall apart. several layers of foam/insulation etc inside of them vs just foam for the majority of seats

Very easy installation are Recaros from Lancia Integrale .. Check my build thread if you want to see how they fit ..

Back