• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Poik's 1988 744ti

loooookin' goood bud!

now who are you going to face off against in the ol' mission raceway drag grudges now that John is in the east?

think you'll have enough power to take me on? Hope you can pump 28psi into that bitch! muahahahahahahah!!1

The hose clamps were very tbricks, but they had to go. Here's what I came up with today:

main.php

main.php

No more rattles, so I am pleased.

yea my 940 dont have no acceleration either until about mid way through 2nd, i need bigger injectors..oh and i have dyno max exhaust too..just have to put it on tho..

So tonight I finally got around to wiring up the rest of my MS box. I've been putting it off for awhile, and for good reason, it was a ****ing bitch. This is the one part about MS that really sucks. Anyways, I added 13 inputs and outputs and used a DB15 connector mounted in a proto box on top of the MS case. I also added the TIP122 transistor to handle an idle valve. Now I have boost control, efan control, led18 output, tachometer output, output x5, 2 spark outputs, vr sensor inputs, output3 from MS, knock input, launch control, and table switching. Here are some pictures of my fun filled evening:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

I really hope I never have to open up this MS box ever again. Ever.

Tomorrow it's going to run on MS, and I'm going to shoot flames.

So I got it running this weekend, only ran into a couple little problems. I worked on it pretty much all day Saturday, made the EZK jumper box and changed the pins on the ignition module and some stuff for the TPS, I used 500dollar744ti's LH2.2 to MS writeup, which made it pretty easy. On Saturday afternoon I tried to start the car but was not getting an RPM signal, which confused me. Turns out you can't have the VR conditioner circuit hooked up to MS even if a VR sensor isn't hooked up, so I desoldered that wire and everything worked and it started right up. Here are some pictures from the install:

Testing the MS box:
main.php

The adapter boxes and harnesses:
main.php

main.php

850 TPS:
main.php

main.php

main.php

I drove it a little bit today and I can already tell that the response is a lot better under 3k than it was with LH2.2. I'm not really sure where I am at in regards to fuel because my LC-1 seems to have taken a dump, which makes me pretty pissed off since it's only been installed for less than 2 months. I just won't be able to floor it until I get something to tell me where I am at.

Next up, dyno tuning. Stay tuned.

The problem I had with LH2.2 when the turbo would spool up but the car wouldn't get any faster is non existent. Now power output follows boost pressure! MS is awesome! It's pinging a lot above 3k with the map I'm running according to Knocksense, so it needs to be adjusted, but even untuned it's already better than before! I am so happy.

So today I was doing a lot of timing adjustments. The timing table is almost spot on up to 180kPa which is as much boost as I have been running right now (with spikes). Knocksense is awesome, an invaluable tuning tool. I can hear the knock, but it's so nice to be able to log it in MS to know exactly where you need to take timing away! Also I have it so that whenever it knocks it will instantly retard timing by 2 degrees, it works excellent. It's rich all over still, both the outputs on the wideband I am borrowing from my friend are broken, and mine is broken as well, awaiting replacement from Innovate, so I haven't been able to do any logging of the AFR. But I have been able to look at it in LogWorks, and it's running around 12-12.5:1 when I floor it, and just putting around is richer. At idle it's around 11.5:1 (or so it says) but if I try to take any fuel out it will stumble up and down.

So I took it out on the road a little bit ago to do some logging. Shifted easy to 2nd gear, rolled into it and held it until about 5k and then let off because it was knocking a little bit up top. It wouldn't come out of 2nd gear. I had to grab the shifter with both hands and force it out of gear. I though to myself "Hmm that's weird" and decided it would be a good idea to see if it would do the same thing again. So I put it back in 2nd, it went in just fine, and then I rolled into it again. This time I had to pull over and really pry on the shifter to make it come out of gear. Now it won't go into either 1st or 2nd, so I think the fork got bent or something.

Me: 1
M46: 0

If I have the energy tonight I will put in one of my heavy ass iron M46s I have in the garage.

92 + water/methanol will be on spring break. We're really busy at the school right now so there isn't much free time to use the dyno for our own cars. Maybe around March 22nd.

Western Washington University, I'm a VRI major. http://vri.etec.wwu.edu

I got the old M46 out of the car last night and was swapping all the 740 stuff over to my other M46 when I realized that I didn't have a socket big enough for the flange nut on the end. So right now I am going to walk to the hardware store and pick up a socket, and then finish putting the "new" M46 in.

Well I got the "new" iron cased M46 installed this afternoon. It shifts like every M46 I've ever driven besides the recently deceased one that was in the 744. I make a hard 1-2 shift and it goes crunch and bites back. Oh well, at least it works. The overdrive even works (an upgrade for me).

Back