• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 Swap (240) - Mustang driveshaft questions

studmuffed

Hey all,

I've been looking all over and can't find a straight answer on this. What years and trims will work with the full yoshifab/deeworks adapter kit? I'm trying to use a one piece driveshaft to save some money.

Will driveshafts from 4 cylinder models work? They are way cheaper

Which models used the 3" instead of the 3.5" shaft?

My trans is a 1993 model, does that change anything?

Nick

2nd question on this this week bud.

That said...
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=360582

Most of the details you'll need are in here. ;)

Cliff notes...skip the Yoshi adapter, find the correct rear flange, buy a new proper length shaft for a similar price as the adapter, and reduce the complexity while having it fit better.

Yeah figured this would happen, hard for me to find what im looking for on forums like this for whatever reason. Problem is, I already have the yoshi adapter so just going to try to make it work. I've heard a lot of success stories but just want to confirm what part I need.

i already bought one as well. I guess the adapter was meant for a time when you could get a fox driveshaft at the local wrecker for 17 cents. you live and learn. :e-shrug:

Yeah figured this would happen, hard for me to find what im looking for on forums like this for whatever reason. Problem is, I already have the yoshi adapter so just going to try to make it work. I've heard a lot of success stories but just want to confirm what part I need.

You should sell the adapter and take gsellstr's advice. You won't get great yoke engagement with the transmission. It'll be cheaper to do it right the first time, ask me how I know...

Also, those fox body driveshafts are balanced like absolute poop from the factory.

You should sell the adapter and take gsellstr's advice. You won't get great yoke engagement with the transmission. It'll be cheaper to do it right the first time, ask me how I know...

Bad yoke engagement because the driveshaft is too short? I did some research on those coleman shafts and I'm going to be spending a lot more money on one of those than the foxbody route, so trying to weigh all my options here.

I can always throw a foxbody shaft on facebook marketplace if it doesn't end up working.

Engagement was pretty light with the fox body shaft from what I remember as well. FWIW, the fox body shafts are 45.5 c-c, the adapter is 0.75". To get proper engagement without the adapter I needed a 47" shaft, so that's still 3/4" shy.

Dunno, your car, your call. To me, a stock rear flange, a $150 shaft, and a yoke, easy way to go.

I ran a +1” longer than fox body shaft with the adapter and it was about perfect for engagement and yoke support.

I have made many drive shafts for custom cars including the drive shaft for my V8 wagon. Yes you can find a drive shaft that might work???, but in the end you want a drive shaft that fits perfect.

Well I didn’t listen and went with a 1996 driveshaft. The length was perfect with the spacer, but rubs really bad since its 3.5 inch. Mainly chose to do this because I was running out of time to get this done

Went home and ordered a coleman shaft... You guys win.

At least it was only $65 for the stang shaft

Nice, thank you for the update!! let us know what the lead time for the coleman shaft is. I still have yet to commit to anything.

Nice, thank you for the update!! let us know what the lead time for the coleman shaft is. I still have yet to commit to anything.

The coleman shaft already came in, it was way faster than expected. I did the cheapest shipping option and it came in three days later.

Back