• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

possible revised stockish turbo manifold

2barxr

Hi all,

i have been in contact wit a company that makes cast iron manifolds and they are entertaining the idea of making a revised manifold for the B230ft.

With that being said my thoughts is a a higher flowing T3 flanged manifold with a external gate option stockish location to allow us to pass basic visual inspection but less likely to crack and restrict like the stocker.

240 Owner's can you post a couple stock turbo manifold/turbo setup for clearance references i just have a 7/9 for reference.

There site below

https://www.thekangaroosteam.com/

Update i will be shipping a cracked unit to them so they can start work on this and we will see how this goes :)

Last edited:
If it was still 2003 my first response would be ?awesome?. But nigh 20 years later my response is ?why??.

I'd take a ported '90+ with T3 flange before buying anything new. If you're exceeding the capacity of the stock manifold then there's really too many variables to account for to make a 1 size fits all cast manifold, most people would probably choose to make a tubular manifold from scratch to work for their setup.

If it was still 2003 my first response would be ?awesome?. But nigh 20 years later my response is ?why??.

Can you get a new Cast iron Stock manifold that wont crack and flows better?

also there is a lot of individuals still need to pass visuals inspections and emission and with the old crack master that has been repaired a few time so there is a need for a viable replacement.

I would give them a 90+ manifold and for an external gate they can put a port in the bottom of the collector.

Although in my limited experience. A 90+ manifold with the T3 flange opened up to match the turbo doesn't develop as much heat in the collector and usually doesn't crack.

Can you get a new Cast iron Stock manifold that wont crack and flows better?

also there is a lot of individuals still need to pass visuals inspections and emission and with the old crack master that has been repaired a few time so there is a need for a viable replacement.

Every cast manifold will eventually crack with enough use. Will it be more than $500? That's what a new manifold cost.

i can certainly see the appeal of a manifold with an external wastegate option that doesn?t necessitate relocating turbo or other stuff. i would want one. i probably wouldn?t be willing to pay what it?ll cost, but i?d want it.

Every cast manifold will eventually crack with enough use. Will it be more than $500? That's what a new manifold cost.

Based on the other prices it should be in that range.

They 3D print a unit up and test fit to make sure everything is correct this also allows more variation to be made quickly.

seems like a reasonable idea, esp if the runners can be opened up a little and some more definition in the collector area (without making it too "tall").

I think it would be a good idea. I wouldnt care if it moved the turbo, but a better flow and design would have to be a must. I think you have to make it where true racers would want it and it would work for street cars too.

Something that moved the turbo slightly forward would be a huge help to anyone with a 240 and a larger turbo. Similar to the 190e cosworth turbo manifold they have.

Even a bottom mount setup could work.

update,

I have been talking to them and will be sending them out a cracked manifold for them to look at.

So far they have been asking about raising up the discharge and plug wire concerns and HP outputs.

will update when i get mote info

Tom

Back