• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Oh deer

Skyshadow

So I unfortunately hit a deer last night on the highway. Thing messed up my front end a bit and I need to try and source parts as this car has been a better partner than most relationships I've had so I'm not letting it go. At the very least I need a hood and passenger headlight assembly (the one with the separate fog lights next to it) as well as an egg crate grill.

My questions are as follows: What years/models will hoods interchange with my car? As well as if by some miracle I find a red hood were there any different color variants in the red other than the single stage color I have?

I'm also curious how much work is involved in getting the European e code headlights to work with my car because depending on how much it costs to replace my busted ones I might be better off upgrading. Would I be able to buy a pair of these aftermarket e-code lights and drop them in?

https://shop.klracing.se/sv/artiklar/stralkasare-komplett-volvo-740_760_940_960-vanster-sida.html

Car in question in a 1992 940 turbo in the single stage red paint.

Thanks to anyone in advance for helping. Also I'm in connecticut US for my location.

Last edited:
It sounds like your car is painted 601 signal red. If you look at the plate on the core support it will list the paint color code. Any 1991-95 740/940 hood will work, other than the hood off of a 1991 940 SE.

I,m up to 13 deer so far, most were in Dutchess County NY, 2 were with my MGB, 1 was with my MGB/GT, 2 of my Dodge's, 66 Chevy Bel Air twice, got one with my trailer,etc, almost hit one in the driveway at the house I was living at at the time. Been there done that, to many to count.

So I'm probably gonna order some aftermarket e-code lights from a swedish site and try to figure out how to make them work since buying new aftermarket usa lights would cost just as much. I'm still trying to figure out a hood. I found one 7 hours away from me but I gotta find a vehicle to transport it.

Back