• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ipd/STS A/C delete bracket difficulty

shoestring

So I bought one of these for my '91 245, which has an absolutely standard engine compartment: nothing has been moved/relocated/etc, which the exception of the A/C compressor which was removed. If I follow the enclosed instructions, I cannot for the life of me get the supplied belt to fit the pump without hitting the mass air sensor. I could get a longer belt, but that would exceed the range of adjustability in the tensioning bracket. I mucked around with it for a couple of hours before I bailed on the way that they wanted it mounted and moved it up one set of holes in the block and used a longer belt I had in inventory. Unfortunately that makes the hole in the upper left location unusable because it doesn't line up with the boss in the block.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I contacted ipd about this and they said they have hundreds of units in service without a problem. I checked that the pn on the bag of components I got was correct, but that doesn't mean that the contents of the bag were.

I'm thinking that this is a me problem but like I said, man, I could not figure it out.

Help?

I have the same on my 245 and have not had any issues. I purchased mine from STS and had to use the photos on their website to install as it did not come with instructions. Post some photos.

I'm trying to set one up on a 16v conversion on an 8v block right now, PS pump is sitting WAY too far forward for belt to line up with crank pulley. And this is with the crank pulley somehow sitting too far out to line up with the water pump already.

I'm trying to set one up on a 16v conversion on an 8v block right now, PS pump is sitting WAY too far forward for belt to line up with crank pulley. And this is with the crank pulley somehow sitting too far out to line up with the water pump already.

16V Require a shorter harmonic balancer. VS the 8V. I believe it is 6mm.

16V Require a shorter harmonic balancer. VS the 8V. I believe it is 6mm.

Hmm. It's for Tims car, has yoshifab billet sprocket and harmonic balancer machined for the keyway for it, but not for thickness/backspacing. I'll probably look at getting it machined down. If I had a 4 jaw chuck for my lathe I'd give it a go myself but I haven't gotten to that yet.

So I bought one of these for my '91 245, which has an absolutely standard engine compartment: nothing has been moved/relocated/etc, which the exception of the A/C compressor which was removed. If I follow the enclosed instructions, I cannot for the life of me get the supplied belt to fit the pump without hitting the mass air sensor. I could get a longer belt, but that would exceed the range of adjustability in the tensioning bracket. I mucked around with it for a couple of hours before I bailed on the way that they wanted it mounted and moved it up one set of holes in the block and used a longer belt I had in inventory. Unfortunately that makes the hole in the upper left location unusable because it doesn't line up with the boss in the block.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I contacted ipd about this and they said they have hundreds of units in service without a problem. I checked that the pn on the bag of components I got was correct, but that doesn't mean that the contents of the bag were.

I'm thinking that this is a me problem but like I said, man, I could not figure it out.

Help?

Is it possible to reposition the MAF slightly? I had the same bracket on my '89 and had no issues like some other folks here. So I am tempted to say the positioning of the MAF may be somewhat different on yours than what is considered "stock".

I bought one right when they came out from STS and I don't recall having fitment issues, but my maf is slightly relocated from stock. I did replace all the hardware for flanged and yellow coated hardware at one point, I forget why. Did you get sent the B21/3 model?

I don't know. Like I said, all my stuff is stock. Stock airbox, which the MAF clamps directly to, so there really isn't anywhere else for it to go. Maybe I'll do this tonight and you guys can be like "It goes like this, dummy..."

Back