• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Volvo 262 trunk storage basket?

AZpartslocators

I am posting this here as this was my best guess as the right area. I rarely get a chance to get on here as I don't see another Volvo in my future anytime soon. I had considered getting a 240 for my daughter's first car but she doesn't seem to like them. I have owned this storage basket/trunk tray for A LOT of years. I got it from a 262 Bertone years ago. I ran across it again cleaning out some stuff and decided it was time to sell it off. I am not trying to sell here as I honestly have no clue what it is worth plus I haven't built up enough posts for members to feel comfortable purchasing here. If someone could help with some info on these I would really appreciate it. I have owned this for too long and it takes up a lot of space. I would really like be able to list it correctly. As I have owned it for several years I made a lot of attempts to find info on it to no avail. Thanks in advance.
IMG_2251_zpsb5ebe73c.jpg

Trunk baskets were an original Volvo accessory with versions made for 120's, 140/164 and 240/260. They're being reproduced and sell for around $50.

281110.jpg

They were available from Volvo and a lot of aftermarket suppliers when the cars were new. I didn't know they were being reproduced, that's cool.
Yours appears to be a 140/early 240 basket. Once the trunk pass-through appeared (80+?) the baskets had a drop in the back bar so it could still be opened. I use one without the drop in my 242 and just don't open the pass-through. The 262C doesn't have a pass-through so you likely never noticed (I have an older one in my 262C).
I don't see the mounts (simple brackets) in your photo but they're easy to make if they are missing. Or just velcro it down.

I paid $20 for one of mine and $40 for the other. I haven't seen too many change hands recently so I'm not sure what a reasonable price would be. I'm a big fan of them but they are fragile and most used ones are bent and rusty. Ones with the drop are probably worth more (I for one would gladly trade one of mine+cash for a dropped one).

10trunk.jpg

wow ur rubber trunk mat.... ive been searching for a part number for so long on that does it have one on the back??

Back