• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Two Tone Black Interior

MSGGrunt

It isn't easily picked up in my pictures, but I spayed the door pockets, door arm rest/pulls, driver's under dash piece, the HVAC surround, parking brake console, and lower half of the glove box with Dupli Color gloss black fabric & vinyl paint and it contrast just enough with the upper part of the glove box and dash to be noticeable.

I also pulled the carpets and re-dyed them, so they are a much richer/deeper black and sprayed the door panels, so they are a deeper black as well, but you still get a little of the two-tone look.

Attachments

• IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 172
FWIW, I used the Duplicolor fabric & vinyl paint the first time I painted interior panels for my car (after that I've always used SEM color coat), and it faded after the first year or so. It might end up matching more closely.

I've had good luck with the SEM color coat, haven't used the duplicolor stuff. I painted the dash, door pockets, console, and armrest 10 years ago and its still on there. I do need to go over the console and armrests again though to fix some chips from wear.

Back