home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 12-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #876
spock345
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJr. View Post
So when I crashed into this car at Mountain Meet

And then I drove it up to Andrew and he installed it.

Definitely not a 100% color match, but its hard to do when you don't have the car. Usually we use the camera on the car somewhere, get a code, and even play with it a little more before we paint. We sometimes even blend adjacent panels to ensure color match.

Hopefully you like it man. Sorry, and thanks again for being so cool about it.
Now the trunk lid looks better than the rear fenders. You may have sent Andrew down the repaint route.
2012 VW Tiguan (screw plastic water pumps), daily
spock345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #877
MikeJr.
Gloss Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock345 View Post
Now the trunk lid looks better than the rear fenders. You may have sent Andrew down the repaint route.
If I could I would but my shop is geared towards high volume insurance work. We don't do all over paint jobs or restorations.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:29 PM   #878
AndrewNance
Amateur hour!

I’m hoping to repaint it next year but we’ll see. There’s a little rust I want to take care of before it becomes a problem. I pulled the wheels off and disassembled them for fresh powdercoat and new hardware. I’m trading the 9” barrels for two more 8” so I can have a square set.

AndrewNance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:23 PM   #879
AndrewNance
Amateur hour!

Not much happening with the car lately but that’s nice. Finished up the wheels a couple months ago and it’s been relatively drama-free which is something I haven’t experienced with this car in some time. I thought I heard a clunk in the front end yesterday so I guess I’ll jack it up and see what’s what. I need to readjust parking brake cables anyway.

Upon finishing the LMs I promptly bought another set of wheels. They’re currently sent out for machine work, having two lips repaired, and two new ones made. Still not sure if I’ll run them or keep the LMs.

Window elevator cable detached from the little grommet so I had to replace that.

Then I got a wild hair and decided to finally do something about the awful faux-wood paneling in my garage. It’s been there since the garage was built and is obviously not for use in humid areas so it was in rough shape. Derrick came by and helped for a couple days. We got everything ripped out and found that over half of one wall had been completely eaten by termites so we had to sister like nine of the studs on that side and then three more on the other plus we had to almost completely rebuild one front corner. I’m not sure how nothing was sagging. It’s all back in good shape now and it turns out I am far too impatient to mud drywall. “It’ll be good enough for a garage” was stated many times and we moved on.

AndrewNance is offline   Reply With Quote