• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Mystery Seat Part

tjanson

I'm rebuilding the front seats on my 93 240. When taking the covers off, this edge protector just falls out of the seat, I think from inside the upper cover. I can't figure out where it came from. Anyone know where it goes?

OkIG951l.jpg

Back of seat frame right where the headrests post slide into, in the middle there is a sharp edge. This is where it goes.

Thank you!

Progress picture... Washed passenger on the left with 740 head rest insert, untouched driver seat on the right.

2Tnmw95l.jpg

This is how you do it. I washed the covers individually in the washer. I tried washing more than one and dirt transfers from one cover to the other.

^^

Make sure you remove all the pull wires out of the cover before washing them. I missed one on a set and it came out while the cover was being washed and put a bunch of nicks in the vinyl on a perfect black seat cover.

I pulled all the wires out of the driver set last night and labeled all of them! I do already have 2 little tears in the back of the upper cover vinyl that I will try to repair with a permatex repair kit.

The passenger bottom cover still has some "wrinkles" in it from being folded, like the foam backing to the cloth is collapsed. Any tips on getting those out? I figured I'd try steaming them.

I have used a hand held hair dryer to massage wrinkles out of seat covers. They don't get hot enough to burn the vinyl, yet, put out plenty of heat for what you are attempting.

You definitely want to remove wires. I wash them on delicate cycle with hot water. Sometimes I miss a wire but its usually ok. Wrinkles go away after installing them in the car and letting them get hit by the sun for a few days.

Back