• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

injector open?

Polar971

Hi all, I have a problem with my (240 swap 740 B230et motronic).

The car has been running with the current configuration for years, without failures.

These days, I stopped and when restarting, the car did not want to, it smelled of gasoline. I waited a few days and the car started, cleaned filter, injectors and new spark plugs. The car is running more smoothly, but still the same, if I stop and start it again, it is as if it drowns. Then, pushing it, it starts and it smells of gasoline and it seems to be drowned. I have thought that some injector is perforated and is leaking fuel...

Thank you very much in advance.

One thing to check would be if the FPR is dumping fuel down it's vacuum line into the manifold.

May want to also check the engine coolant temp circuit. I don't think that early motronic has any code readout. If the coolant temp sensor circuit is high resistance or open. The engine won't go into closed loop lambda operation. The engine will run rich all the time.

MY first guess would be a leaking fuel pressure regulator just because it's the easiest thing to check- pull the vacuum line off.

Back