• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

It looks shopped to me. I might be able to tell by the pixels, but I'd have to see it in person. Second the meat/drool idea.

I'll third the meet idea. I've been going to school in Boston for three years, not sure how I never managed to meet you guys or make my way out there (not that I was invited, but I would have brought beer :please: )

And I'm permanately moving up to Gloucester (well, at least a year or so) on the 28th as well.

All that said, awesome shop space.

So ****in jealous, and I have a shop too. But yours is impressive... like REALLY impressive.

How much did you drop for that Miller 250? I paid 1475 for mine, it's a 1996 unit.

Again, fkn awesome.

The shop is looking good. Those epoxy floors are a lot of work to prep for but they are worth it. Probably its better your place was a wood shop... saw dust means non-contamainted concrete

Your lumber chassis stand is very swedish.

The shop is looking good. Those epoxy floors are a lot of work to prep for but they are worth it. Probably its better your place was a wood shop... saw dust means non-contamainted concrete

Your lumber chassis stand is very swedish.

They should sell those at IKEA

jesus i am jealous, the shop space i share with my friend... is... well... leaves something to be desired.

****ing awesome guys, keep it up ;)

Beautiful work on the shop- so jelly!

Looking forward to the 242 getting some fresh Buchkalove™

M.

Thanks dudes! Alex and I have really busted ass to the get shop to where it is now. Not pictured is the bandsaw, drill press, and belt sander Alex scored at an estate sale for $50. They need some minor attention, but are otherwise in excellent condition.

The shop is on Cape Cod, in MA. We'll see about putting a mini-meet together when we get back there.

nice work, what else are you guys planning to ad? And are you planning on replicating your friends 240 control arms....

We're rolling our own SLA suspension, uprights, hubs, and brake calipers. Other than that, it should be pretty straightforward: more cage tubes, some manner of long tube headers, new intake manifold, VEMS, etc.

the chassis table to me almost seem like it would make it more difficult to work on the car in certain respects... i assume that it will just be used while you are working out the fenders?

The table is, as the name implies, for building the chassis. We're going to use the table to complete all principal fabrication. The car will come off the table when it's ready to be put down on four wheels.

When you've got things packaged the way you want - how far back will you end up moving the firewall?

The firewall should end up with about 150mm of setback.

so awsome that shop is really really nice! i wish you would keep that 6 though.

I still dig on whiteblocks (and technically this is still a whiteblock), but the V8 is a pretty rad motor that was just too cheap to turn down. And 300hp+ NA should provide for tons of fun.

I MADE that shop what it is. Any credit goes to my engineering decision making prowess.

We just needed a fall guy.

How much did you drop for that Miller 250? I paid 1475 for mine, it's a 1996 unit.

I think ours is an 80s model. Final bid price was $1225. That included a pedal, an air cooled torch, a ground clamp, and a power cable. I think it got shill bid for a couple of hundred bucks extra, but even at $1225 I think it was a good deal.

The fan doesn't have a thermostat, so it's loud as all hell. I'm going to build something up for that. We've also got all the parts collected for a homebrew watercooler setup (pump, heat exhanger, watercooled torch, and tank materials).

Back