• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I think it?s Time for a Wagon 1988 740 Turbo

I had a great trip up to SLOrolling festival today. Ryan and company put on an excellent show! It was a little over 200 miles round trip and the wagon performed flawlessly. I have two new fuel pumps on their way from ipd just cause it seems like good preventative maintenance. Dave Barton was at the show and now I am even more sold on corbeaus since they looked so nice in his car. Might have to pull the trigger on those soon… some photos

After the trip to Atascadero I started thinking that a seat upgrade was in order. I wanted new foam, no rips and side bolstering. I zeroed in on Corbeau GTS ii. I wanted to also take the opportunity to restore my heated seats and I thought that black leather would match the interior well.

I didn’t research enough to notice the seat belt and latch both mount to the stock seat.

I was able to attach the latch to the Corbeau adapter. The seat belt was more of a challenge. I’ll document it better when I do the driver side but basically I disassembled the stock sliders to separate the factory seatbelt mount and then bolted it to the Corbeau adapters. It seems to work well but I need to work on the trim and finalize the bolts and spacers

There are a series of bars and bearings that hold the stock sliders together. I had to ground down these four stopper bumps to free the factory seatbelt mounts.

Our daughter approves!

Couldn’t help myself so I worked on the drivers side last night and today.

Here is nearly the end result:

Latch attachment

Seat belt stock slider piece

This was important because it allowed me to retain the stock spacer that mounts the belt at the correct angle so it can retract and extend properly.

Can’t wait to go for a drive this weekend!!

In other news, my m46 swap kit arrived today…

Can't believe how great they look! Probably much lighter too. Gonna ask to let me try them next time I see you.

For sure! You?re welcome to have a seat next time we meet up.

I found some leather rear seats on eBay with free shipping. Jumped right on them only to have the seller cancel the order when he found out what shipping would cost.

I?ve been able to drive it a bit over the last week or so. Definitely wish I chose the shaved seat cushion option since the seating position is a little high (I?m 5?10? for reference)

So happy with the quality of the seats, the bolstering and the heated seats. I hacked up the stock wiring harness so they clicked right into the factory connector on the body side.

I?m getting excited about the m46 swap. Everything but the center console is waiting in the garage. I have a big order of manual transmission consumables waiting in my shopping cart. My plan is to do the swap in December

Put a trouble free 300 miles on it this weekend going to and from Radwood LA. New seats are great and the car did awesome.

My sachs clutch kit arrived and seems way off the flywheel. Can someone please confirm for me if this is the flat version? If so I’ll need to find a dogdish m46 flywheel to fit the new clutch kit.

No photos but wanted to mention in here for tracking.

Replaced some ancient units with new a Bosch fuel filter and pump tonight. Forgot what a mess that job is even though it is pretty straightforward.

I’ll replace the intank next since I have the parts and I bet they are old

Replaced the outer tie rods on Christmas Eve and ceramic coated the car today.

The steering feels incredible, time will tell on the ceramic coating

Back