• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

M47 Rebuilders - Bay Area

eng_light

California "Stock"
Title pretty self explanatory. Need recommendations on good m47 rebuild shop near/in the bay area. 5ths a prayer away from falling out of the bottom of the car at this point. :-(

There was someone here rebuilding them and selling them or fixing your original one. I was going to do it but the shipping from Australia would have cost more than the job

Might be easier to source a known good m47. You are in good area for Volvo people and most people remove the stock manual for t5s.

You could go down to Torrance CA and have Hiperfauto rebuild it. Then you'll get the job done right by a Volvo specialty shop. Or they may have a good used trans for you.

If you absolutely want a trans with a warranty. Volvo still sells exchange M47. They were $1800 plus core last time I checked.

If still available and anywhere near $1800.00, you might want to consider it.

The last M47 we rebuilt about a year ago needed more than just the standard rebuild parts and the total just for the transmission rebuild exceeded $1700.00 and shipping was not included.

Are they still offering a lifetime warranty with transmissions?

They do offer life time warranty on parts, but there are some exceptions. I could double check tomorrow at work. I could also see if an M47 is still available and if they have any in NA.

Jordan

Back