• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1975 245 B23+T - The Fastest Hunt in the World

Fawnzee

Thanks to @122power and the other tbrickers on here, I'm now the proud owner of a teal '75 245. CA smog referees, you can't hurt me anymore :lol:

Current status:
1975 245 teal on teal interior with the perfect amount of patina
Headless B23 shortblock with an '83 jtype m46 that's 90% of the way in (needs auto aluminum spacers to drop a bit, and driveshaft installed)
4.10 rear axle
K Jet harness and intake box

Stage 0 intentions to get it running and see if I'll get bored of the b23+t :rofl::
Get a head, throw on all of my 940 turbo bits
Normal stage 0 stuff, filters, plugs, oil, etc
Finish the m46 install
<s>IPD Turbo cam</s>
RSI Stage 2 Turbo Cam
MaxxECU Race Install

Currently pondering what I'm doing for engine management, while I wait for the SoCal heat wave to go away.

It needs an LH2.2 maf, ECU/EZK, and wiring harness. My concern is that NOS MAFs are unobtanium, and buying known good MAFs would just be kicking the can down the road.
I'm heavily considering just going straight to MS and converting to an easily accessible GM MAP, plus it would allow for a higher ceiling in terms of what I could do if I do decide to go whiteblock/v8. Seems like a buy once, cry once situation, compared to getting everything together for LH2.2, just to swap it out later down the road. Open to any insight on that end.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Cj34DA9" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/Cj34DA9">1975 Teal 245</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Congrats, that's the much nicer twin of the car I never got you pictures of (my bad)

^ the above maf and 2.2 before your elbow deep in a swap and haven't even driven the car

That is a nice looking starting point!

It would be much more fun to drive it while you gather parts for a swap, IMO.

I used to have one just like that. Original owner gave it to me. I sold it to a postman for a pov use on his rout.lost track of it years ago. Any owners manual in it ?

Super jealous. I?m also in California and I?d love to have a 245 that I could modify without being subject to smog tests. Good luck with the project!

Congrats, that's the much nicer twin of the car I never got you pictures of (my bad)

^ the above maf and 2.2 before your elbow deep in a swap and haven't even driven the car

That's a good point; however, given that it's still missing the head and all of the 2.2 components (ecu, harness, ezk), it is pretty much the same starting point for ms or 2.2. If it were further along, I'd absolutely just slap it together as an na 2.2 car, but at its current state, I feel like I'd be putting it together just to pull it apart further down the road

I vote just get it running with a red block. I owned a gutted 75 244 and it was fast enough to smoke the front brakes with just a basic turbo engine.

You are going to have plenty of work just getting it, and it keeping it, on the road with HVAC, suspension, and electrical.

Driving a soggy old 1975 240 down the freeway is not fun.

Last edited:
Been accumulating a few parts, and made a decision regarding EMS.
After some convincing, I decided to go with a MaxxECU (Race), as I can run it for pretty much any engine I could throw into this, and my LH2.0 woes with the white wagon have turned me off from ever investing into another LH Jetronic system.

I also picked up an RSI Stage 2 turbo cam off fb marketplace, which I'm excited about.

When I got the car, I kept looking for a head, or scouring junkyards. Somehow, I managed to forget that I have a perfectly usable head from the 940 turbo donor... So the good news is, I've got pretty much all of the parts that I should need for this. Bad news is that it's been averaging 100+ for the past few weeks, and my landlord let me know that their construction plans (turn the garage into a duplex, expand the driveway) will be starting in about 2-3 weeks time. So unless I can strip the 940 turbo, bolt it all up onto the b23, drill an oil return in the b23, and wire up a standalone EMS, I'm probably gonna be stuck for 6-8 weeks, as I don't want to deal with every other weekly street cleaning for 2 non-running cars.

Silver lining is that it gives me time to answer a few questions for the build.
First being, do I go straight to DSM CAS using the yoshifab adapter? I do have a 60/2 sts flywheel, but I want to avoid benching the m46 until I really have to, and at that point, I'd probably be upgrading the transmission anyways.
Second being, do I build the head, or just get it decked and cleaned. Leaning towards decked and cleaned, because I'm feeling like building the head is gonna turn into a 4 month long downtime.
Finally, do I go e-pedal and fly-by-wire from a v70, and also, what kind of IAT sensor/where should I put it.

Once the temps cool down, I'm gonna get into cleaning up the interior, but I'm probably gonna leave the exterior dust to try and mitigate any sun exposure.

Side note, scored a sweet accessory foglight grill, brackets, and switch from a sad 75 242 that made its way into the local pyp, as well as a pea green flat hood for the white wagon.

Back