• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I think it?s Time for a Wagon 1988 740 Turbo

Not much to report, been driving it a lot since I sold my DD. I installed these bad boys yesterday to help increase visibility.

I also picked up a spare squirter block engine. Once I have a lot of downtime I?ll slap it in with the m46 swap!

I need some acorn nuts for the intake manifold, those look so much nicer

Yeah they definitely look super clean. Unfortunately the intake manifold is off an egr car so I will have to take it off and reuse my stock manifold

That fender cleaned up very nicely!
What turbo is on the new motor? Injector plans?

It?s a freshly rebuilt 13c so I?ll probably be selling the freshly rebuilt 13c that is on my original engine. I?ll just use the stock injectors

Solved a huge impending issue on the car in the last few days. Our daughter is almost three and in a forward facing car seat in our other cars. The wagon didn?t have any provisions for mounting the top tether. After some digging I located a NOS 681213 car seat attachment kit on eBay. My seats didn?t have the threaded nut installed so I decided to be brave and remove the upholstery. Sure enough there is a pre drilled hole and all I had to do was add a washer and nut on the inside of the seat. Now she can face forward and the seat is even more secure than when it was rear facing with just the seatbelt.

Decided the audio was lacking so I found some infinity reference 5032 speakers that fit right into the doors and a Continental TR7412 head unit.

The sound quality is great and I have Bluetooth!

Decided the audio was lacking so I found some infinity reference 5032 speakers that fit right into the doors and a Continental TR7412 head unit.

The sound quality is great and I have Bluetooth!

How was the install with the TR7412? I've been eyeing these for a minute, and was wondering if anyone had installed one of these VDO "continental" headunits in a 740/940. Did you end up keeping the stock amp, or bypassing it, or...?

Really stellar documentation and composed project build. I really dig it!

How was the install with the TR7412? I've been eyeing these for a minute, and was wondering if anyone had installed one of these VDO "continental" headunits in a 740/940. Did you end up keeping the stock amp, or bypassing it, or...?

Really stellar documentation and composed project build. I really dig it!

I bypassed the stock amp. The install was pretty straightforward.

Back