• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Steering wheels

BeaverMeat

Finally going to swap out the '81 GL wheel on my 240...

As far as I can tell there are four bosses available. MOMO, OMP, NRG, and Luisi.

Initially I was just going to use a MOMO #9010 boss because I like that it collapses. Are there any other benefits with the other brands like OMP or Luisi.

Been thinking about the NRG because I can use a quick release thing because racecar... er, I mean for theft deterrence.

So... I guess Im asking you to talk me out of a quick release wheel lol

Before the quick release, you still need the adapter like the MOMO or OMP. I haven't decided either on a steering wheel. I like the ones from NRG and Grip Royal. I'm gonna get a quick release also cause racecar/theft deterrence.

RightUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Before the quick release, you still need the adapter like the MOMO or OMP. I haven't decided either on a steering wheel. I like the ones from NRG and Grip Royal. I'm gonna get a quick release also cause racecar/theft deterrence.

From what I see the NRG boss is shorter to run a QR set-up. IDK. I'll have to look around to see what works.

Trying to find a vintage style with the three lugs and the two pull pins. Been looking at the new fancy pants ones and... meh. I'm not racing the car (yet).

Last edited:
Talked myself out of it already? I don?t even know of the horn works and I need a horn in this city.

Just going with the MOMO

Now to find a MOMO mod 78 with a blue grip to match my interior.

I needed a ground ring adapter to get my horn to work.

You don't need a horn. Drive slow homie.

I?m about 80% sure I?m using a Luisi adapter-thingy to mount my MOMO wheel to, the place I bought it from said it was the way to go. It wasn?t. Had to mod it to get the auto-cancel to work, and it still doesn?t 25% of the time, the cam?s in the wrong spot.

I?m about 80% sure I?m using a Luisi adapter-thingy to mount my MOMO wheel to, the place I bought it from said it was the way to go. It wasn?t. Had to mod it to get the auto-cancel to work, and it still doesn?t 25% of the time, the cam?s in the wrong spot.

I have yet to have an adapter that cancelled the turn signals properly on a 240 :lol:

Same. I have a Luisi hub in my Amazon with a Nardi wheel and it cancels nicely after turning left but then wants to cancel the right signal after turning the wheel like 1?.

With the OMP adapter I had to fill in the area between the two ridges for the turn signal cancel. Then it cancelled properly. If you compare it to a stock wheel, you'll see what you need to do.

There were 3 different Momo adapters made for 240/260. From left to right they are:

http://hiperformanceautoservice.com/images/240MomoHubAdapters.jpg
240MomoHubAdapters.jpg

Part number 8360875 for '75-'78. Momo part number S316

Part number 8360874 for '79-'81. Momo part number C9007

Part number 8360873 for '82-. Momo part number C9010

AFAIK any of the adapters will fit any year car. I'm guessing the differences were mostly cosmetic although the 9010 is a little longer (~?") than the other 2. It looks longer in the pic.

Talk you out of a quick release?

Do you want to look like the 14 year olds on Reddit asking what Amazon wheel will fit their non running 244?

Talk you out of a quick release?

Do you want to look like the 14 year olds on Reddit asking what Amazon wheel will fit their non running 244?

That was yesterday? my car is a stick so it already has theft deterrence.

I?ve done some reading and the Luisi seems to work with the turn signal. May have to go with that one.

I have yet to have an adapter that cancelled the turn signals properly on a 240 :lol:

The factory cancel hump is solid and the momo is not. This caused frustration until I filled it in with a piece of aluminum.
Plus the factory hump is slight wider, but that's not noticeable. I'm happy with it now.

240steeringlo.jpg

240momohub2lo.jpg

240momohub3lo.jpg

Back