• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Who has run a VX3 cam on a turbo engine?

The two my dad and I degreed were damn close, although not identical.

IPD cam 225/227 @.050", .447" lift after lash, 110* LSA
V15T cam 229/227 @.050", .457" lift after lash, 112* LSA

The VX has reliably disappointed my butt dyno although I've never tested one on a chassis dyno. T cam+13C torque hit is pretty respectable for minimal effort, could be handy on some autox courses.

For future reference, the V15 TDC lift is 1mm. I found that this setting made the best power based on commanded fuel on my VE table. This translated to -3 degrees from TDC, but your mileage may vary on account of timing belts and external timing mark misalignments, etc.

For future reference, the V15 TDC lift is 1mm. I found that this setting made the best power based on commanded fuel on my VE table. This translated to -3 degrees from TDC, but your mileage may vary on account of timing belts and external timing mark misalignments, etc.

I know this is where ENEM says to run it, and how I set mine up. Was -4 degrees for me.

You don?t want a high stall converter in an Autocross car. The stock AW-71 converter works well for both applications, drag racing and Autocross.

I liked the stock converter in my old red car but I was on a T cam and a fairly small turbo. I am looking for significantly more power than that old setup and I fear the stock converter will really hurt my 60 foot time. I am much less concerned with the auto x part of it. I don't plan on winning because people show up with some crazy builds. I wont even be able to start this build until after this years event. I'm considering going this year with my 380,000 GS400 just for a weekend of fun. The old girl still has some life left in her.

on a side note, I ended up scoring a what I believe is a turbo cam yesterday. I mentioned needing a turbo cam yesterday and he said he had one but not sure what brand or grind. he has decided to stay NA with a 5 speed and traded me for the VX3. basic measurments are where the IPD turbo cam and the enim v15 should be. Havent put a degree wheel or dial indicator on it yet but it seems like a legit turbo cam. I can't, however, find any markings on it now. I'd post a pic but not sure how we are posting pictures here now. I know photobucket sucks

I liked the stock converter in my old red car but I was on a T cam and a fairly small turbo. I am looking for significantly more power than that old setup and I fear the stock converter will really hurt my 60 foot time. I am much less concerned with the auto x part of it. I don't plan on winning because people show up with some crazy builds. I wont even be able to start this build until after this years event. I'm considering going this year with my 380,000 GS400 just for a weekend of fun. The old girl still has some life left in her.

Greg's 740 ran a 12.603 second quarter at 104 mph with a 1.6 second 60 foot time on a stock AW-71. It will do that repeatedly and still hill climb and Autocross with the best of them. You should be building a car that does it all if you want any chance of placing at GRM $2000.

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=129502&page=10

Yeah but that same night I ran 12.61 at 108 with getrag 265 manual transmission, then the stock dog dish flywheel exploded and totaled the car next year. Moral of the story, if you go manual trans, use billet steel flywheel.

Yeah but that same night I ran 12.61 at 108 with getrag 265 manual transmission, then the stock dog dish flywheel exploded and totaled the car next year. Moral of the story, if you go manual trans, use billet steel flywheel.

Thats why until I can put a proper manual setup together I will most likely stick with the AW71

Thats why until I can put a proper manual setup together I will most likely stick with the AW71

Simon is/was also running a Getrag, IIRC. That would kill your $2,000 budget just putting together a trans, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, PP, disc so you can run a manual trans. All you need is a few hours and a pan gasket to do the accumulator mod to the AW-71 so it will hold up to the abuse you will put it through.

Simon is/was also running a Getrag, IIRC. That would kill your $2,000 budget just putting together a trans, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, PP, disc so you can run a manual trans. All you need is a few hours and a pan gasket to do the accumulator mod to the AW-71 so it will hold up to the abuse you will put it through.

I've modded a few over the years and had good results. it just needs to last one weekend. hopefully the autocross is before the drag race

Back