• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 windshield mod

VolvoLatAm

http://fewstreet.com/2018/06/13/volvo-240-windshield.html

I have an 82' 244, I want to do this for wind noise reasons, leak reasons etc...

so you take off the chrome cover, the 20 or so clips, the windshield glass, the nasty butyl, and you clean the windshield trim area up without messing up your interior or the exterior paint. you also don't cover the bottom trim drain holes right?

what is the exact windshield rubber seal length/thickness I need to do accomplish this?

I want something extra large in size so I have more coverage area on the outside border of the windshield.

Last edited:
his is not big enough, he could have had wider trim for sure...looking for somebody on here who did the mod and had a sufficient amount of rubber trim. looking for dimensions beyond length

A test fit confirmed it fit into the windshield opening perfectly. I think moving from the 0.75? T107B to the 1? T109B trim would have been a good move, to better cover some of the nasty surface where the old trim sat.

I used T109B on my 1980, read your link

Just get a 91-93 windshield and/or seal. VP and CVR sells em new if you want to go through extra trouble.

Back