• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230 torque plate rental

My favorite machine shop in Salisbury MD had a ford 2.3 plate they used on volvos. I can check to see if they still do.

Last edited:
I've decided that I want an actual redblock torque plate, not the ford 2.3 plate. For the same reason that I'm running a redblock instead of a 16v head on a ford 2.3. I just couldn't deal with the bore spacing mismatch.

What is the mismatch you're seeing? I'm curious, as I've not heard that mentioned, and the spacing was damn close by the naked eye on the 230 gasket to ford plate.

What is the mismatch you're seeing? I'm curious, as I've not heard that mentioned, and the spacing was damn close by the naked eye on the 230 gasket to ford plate.

I mentioned the same thing. I did some measurements and there?s a ~2mm mismatch in the bore spacing. The Lima 2.3 has an even bore spacing, and the volvo does not (106mm for the ford, and 105/108 for the Volvo iirc)

Generally this wouldn?t cause a problem because the holes in the torque plates are oversized.

That's kinda what I was wondering in terms of being close enough on that. I can't imagine that minimal difference would be enough to cause an issue, since they are oversized anyway.

Back