• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2015 Swede Meat (Delaware)

Volvoist

Looking to plan the 2015 Swede Meat here in Delaware. We sold our property in PA, so it won't be there for obvious reasons. We have an acre and a half and are thinking of doing it at our property, but I am open to suggestions. I am thinking it will be sometime in late May or early June. I am hoping to get a tent and do a BBQ, etc. I haven't sorted the details just yet though. For right now I would like to see who is interested and if anyone is willing to help out.

I'm at the south border, east of Delmar. I could probably help, depending on the date. I have a friend who smokes meat, he might be able to go and do some pulled pork and brisket if you need help with that. He's from Kansas City, but lives near me now.

I'm at the south border, east of Delmar. I could probably help, depending on the date. I have a friend who smokes meat, he might be able to go and do some pulled pork and brisket if you need help with that. He's from Kansas City, but lives near me now.

That sounds good. I appreciate your help! I will send you a PM later on this afternoon.

(hopefully not getting too far ahead, since a firm date has not been set)

Talked to Andy, if there's enough interest, we will bring a smoker, probably doing pulled pork. I'll also bring a weber for burgers and dogs, if needed.
If it's a small group, just burgers and dogs would be enough.
Everyone else should bring an item, a side, snacks, etc.

Count me in!

I'm in Baltimore right now but travel to my parents in Chester County, Pa pretty often. I'm down to help out in anyway; keep us updated!

Thanks,

Keith

I will get some tentative dates. I am thinking sometime late May. It depends on my wifes work schedule. She is a nurse and has to work every other weekend. It'll be a weekend though...

Currently working with some of my suppliers and companies that make products that we sell to get some goodies to give away as prizes. I am hoping that it works out, and that I can make this event a great one for everyone that attends and that is involved. Hoping to meet some new people and earn some new customers while I am at it. Swede Meat 2015 is shaping up to be a good one (I hope!)

Just an update on this... Looks like I will have to move the event to sometime this summer. My mother in law passed away suddenly, and we have some family things planned, so the Swede Meat '15 will have to be postponed. As of now, it will still happen... just unsure as to when. Anyone have preferences on dates where it won't conflict with other local events?

Back