• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

VADIS communication to VCT2000 doen't work

Ingo-960SE

I need some of your professional help:
I had to replace my old notebook I used since 10 years+ for diagnostics with VADIS and VCT2000.
On the "new" notebook (i still found one with RS232 !! :) ) VADIS can't find the VCT2000 and when I try to update the VCT2000 I receive the error message "error setting the baud rate to 19200 ...".
I tried several settings for the COM port in the control panel, but the error message remained.
Today I also tried it with an old win 2k PC, same error message. Even with the HD from the old notebook I used for diagnostics can the VCT2000 not be found :-(.

Are there any special settings for the COM port I need to select for communication with the VCT?

Kind regards
Ingo

My VADIS stopped running several years ago due to the date running out on the program. If I back date my computer it will run.

I would suggest using a breakout box if you can find one. That will help you analyze the signals between the VCT box and the computer. You may need the handshake signals to work. IE, request to send and clear to send. There is also data terminal ready that may need to be enabled. In the old days to fool the computer we used to connect these signals together so the computer would communicate.

Back