• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Guidelines For Project Threads ** PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS**

mikep

Vintage Ride
Now that we have a few in here, we need a few rules/guidelines.
Feel free to add any ideas here.

Modifications lists aren't enough for a project/restoration, but are a start.
Try to include a bit of history. How, when, where you got the car, etc.
Before pictures are essential. During pictures are just as important. We need to see some shots with tools, busted knuckles, etc. (no blown up ears, though)
It doesn't have to be "article" quality, that sub-forum is for details on one specific modification. This is a big-picture idea.
If we feel that a thread is a little weak, we will PM you with hints on how to make it better.
We will also put comments in the thread. If it is still poor quality after a week or so, we might move it to Showroom until it gets a little filled out.

Also, dont be afraid to start a thread because your project isn't done. We need more examples of some of the work, creativeness and ingenuity this forum is capable of!

Remember, we still have Showroom, so continue using it for pics and showing off your cars.

I will leave it at that for now until TFT and the other mods add some more.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
mikep said:
(no blown up ears, though)

Ooooooohhhhhhh...... That was positively evil. LOL!

Otherwise, you're motivating me to start a project thread. Hell, I've got the web space and a digital camera. Why not?

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
Good call Mike! Im going to try to add info to both of my threads ASAP.
Definitly a good call. I think that these threads also shouldn't turn into their own chat rooms which stray off topic, etc. The one I put up will soon be more detailed, and I have some things this summer that will be added.

Chigga 744SE said:
yes you fuktard.

or power by a Volvo youfuktard.
:???:

My idea is this: Could we have a rule, (for those who want it, not all), that only the thread starter can post in their thread, like the "Success stories" on msefi.com? That way it would be much less cluttered. OTOH, Tbricks is always jovial and fun and posting restrictions wouldn't lend themselves to this atmosphere.
Just a thought.

medfurd said:
:???:

My idea is this: Could we have a rule, (for those who want it, not all), that only the thread starter can post in their thread, like the "Success stories" on msefi.com? That way it would be much less cluttered. OTOH, Tbricks is always jovial and fun and posting restrictions wouldn't lend themselves to this atmosphere.
Just a thought.
i disagree. i've put alot of time and effort into mine, and to be honest, i want my ego stroked a bit. as long as the poster goes back and edits any updates/ clarrifications etc, back into the original post, i think it'd be fine.
one thing i would like to get opinions on is, i put my pics in as links instead of directly posting them. it does seem like it makes as much of an impact, but its easier on the 56k guys. thoughts?
-Aaron

n xntrx volvo said:
i disagree. i've put alot of time and effort into mine, and to be honest, i want my ego stroked a bit. as long as the poster goes back and edits any updates/ clarrifications etc, back into the original post, i think it'd be fine.
one thing i would like to get opinions on is, i put my pics in as links instead of directly posting them. it does seem like it makes as much of an impact, but its easier on the 56k guys. thoughts?
-Aaron

56k? people actually still use 56k? i say post them up. no desktop size pictures, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

and i disagree tyler. i think we should be able to put comments up. most people like feedback. ( i know i do).

ben

OK, how about a voluntary pixel limit of 800 or so, and a link to larger pics in your thread?

Remember, this forum is for extensive work, like bare-body resto and reworking, so about half of the current threads will get moved to Showroom.
Let's put a deadline of this Sunday for threads to be in order. If you are moved and get it together enough to move back here, just ask a mod.
Also, Sunday we will start weeding out extraneous comments, hopefully with help from the thread starters.

P.S. I don't think we are going to pick any specific moderator(s) to watch over this one.

grebnut said:
56k? people actually still use 56k? i say post them up. no desktop size pictures, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

and i disagree tyler. i think we should be able to put comments up. most people like feedback. ( i know i do).

ben

Me too, I'm just trying to get a feel for this forum.

What if we have perfect paint and don't need to do a body resto? Or does my dent that I want to get fixed all of a sudden qualify me?

Jordan

ok, i agree with most of this. my questions are:
-is there a limit to how much we can edit or how long a post can be? because if we just keep editing the initial post it WILL get long with pics. and should we edit the original post and just bump the thread with "new pics added" or post on the current page?
-there needs to be a time limit on these. not, "hey, i bought a 198_ 740 turbo, one day it will be 350hp, today i vacuumed it out and washed it." i think it needs to be at least like, "here is my car*insert pic*, here are the parts i ordered that just arrived *insert pic*, this weekend i'm installing said parts *post pics of the weekend session*." and IMO most cars in projects and restoration need to not be daily drivers, they need to be off the road getting MAJOR work done to them.
-maybe seperate it into similar body styles, a pre 240 section, a 240 section, a 700/900 section, a fwd section

jason(needs to update my showroom thread so it's worthy of p&r)

jason, i completely agree...some of these threads are getting old, concept wise

thats why i havent posted pics or a thread of the two cars im working on

sry, that was me, but i can't log in right now

-billy

Back