• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Widest wheels on a 940?

Sweep

Is there any difference between the arches of a 240/740/940? I've found a bit of info for 240s but nothing definitive, I've got some 17" Jag steels that I'm having banded, but need to know how wide we can go, and at what offset as these need to be changed.

What are we all running?

9 inch was what I was hoping for so that's handy, I'd certainly like the staggered look so if we could get 10 or 11" rear that'd be ace!

17x9.5 sawblades were tight on the front of my 93 940 wagon. I had 46mm adapters and it was just outside of flush with the +56mm sawblades. The inside lip of the wheel rubbed on the inside of the car when I turned. I have 2 coils off the front and 1 on the rear. I decided to run 17x8.5 sawblades up front at 46mm, and they sit about flush. I think you could probably run some 9.5's up front if you did some considerable rolling, ran negative offset, and some negative camber. 240's seem to have more room in the front. The back 9.5's are a pretty easy fit at +10. They sit right about flush, but I am still needing a panhard bar to line it up perfect.

Not uber wide, running Propus 17x7.5 with 25 spacers all around. My 245.45.17s rub in back,with the plastic liners removed. FWD wheels with 43 OS. When test fitting, I noticed there was probably ~20mm more room inboard. However how much would be eaten up by articulation, unknown.

I have issues fitting 18x8 with 235/35/18 in the front with DIY coil-overs (Koni Race inserts). The inside is 5mm (or tad less) to the strut tube and the outside is rubbing away the liner in turns. I guess if you cut the liner and pull the fender you can fit more.

11133760_10153332502289363_3593649726082788578_n.jpg

17x8 et -32 and 17x9 et -24 yes it was in the negatives lol. and that was with a roll.

I'm getting this car back so i'll see if 17x10 fits in the rear. I know i can fit it in the front but 17x9 or 9.5 is the most you can run up front.

I think it all depends on if you want to tuck or not. I tucked a 255/35/18 on a 8.5 rim with about a finger on each side. A 265 would be tough. I also ran a 7.5 up front with coilovers and just tucked. I'm now on a 960 front fender with 18x8 and 225/40/18 and out back a 18x9.5 rim with 275/35/18 but also had to flare the rear about an inch to get it to tuck and still rub sometimes

Not uber wide, running Propus 17x7.5 with 25 spacers all around. My 245.45.17s rub in back,with the plastic liners removed. FWD wheels with 43 OS. When test fitting, I noticed there was probably ~20mm more room inboard. However how much would be eaten up by articulation, unknown.

I don't know how you can run a 245 with only a 25mm spacer. I'm running a 225x45x17 8.5" canisto (also a 43OS) with 32mm spacers I was rubbing tire on the strut tube. I'm running ~40mm of spacer in front now and I've got 5mm tire to strut tube clearance.

It's got to be hit and miss on how the strut tubes are angled on the knuckle, because that's the only thing geometrically speaking that can cause an inconsistency like this.

My fenders liners are out, lips are cut, rolled, and pulled, so no clearance issues on the fender.

Is there any difference between the arches of a 240/740/940? I've found a bit of info for 240s but nothing definitive, I've got some 17" Jag steels that I'm having banded, but need to know how wide we can go, and at what offset as these need to be changed.

What are we all running?

get a framing square and measure from the hub to the strut tube on the front, that will let u know what kind of offset you can run. You're gona want at least 10mm clearance there for the tire, and also you don't want the tire to be so close to the inside of the car that it's going to rub the sway bar.... mine does and it pisses me off to no end

would a 18x8.5 fit in front on a volvo 740 and a 18x10 out back plan on going with coilovers.... and if i can make them fit what offset would be best i prefer the staggered look for how i want the end result on the car to look. thanks all for any advice provided.

You should be ok. You won't have to worry about the top of the tire hitting the spring seat. For the front, I wouldn't recommend going much higher offset than +10. That would sit you about flush (from my findings). If you run some negative camber you could probably tuck the wheels then. My 9.5's at +10 in the rear sit about flush. I haven't rolled my fenders and rub very slightly on 225/45/17 in back. With an extra .5" (12.7mm) You would probably want to push them out more so you would need an offset closer to 0. Its all math and measuring really... That should give you an idea of where to start.

I'm getting back to the grove with the box, has anyone with issue on fitting on front fenders?

right now I have 19x8.5, final ET is around 10, 215/45/19, it rubs without liner and rolled fenders when turning, but it looks like ass when you look from the front, is the overall diameter just too large?

I'm planning to go down to 17"s or 18"s coming Spring.

I'm getting back to the grove with the box, has anyone with issue on fitting on front fenders?

right now I have 19x8.5, final ET is around 10, 215/45/19, it rubs without liner and rolled fenders when turning, but it looks like ass when you look from the front, is the overall diameter just too large?

I'm planning to go down to 17"s or 18"s coming Spring.

That is a massive wheel and tire. I'm thinking most people run 2x5/45 or even 40 on 17" wheels.

Back