• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Well the SRDs were too damn narrow for my hips and shoulders. They'll be for sale soon.
Replaced them with Sportster CSseses. Still waiting on the passenger side from recaro, covid delays.

Talk about heavenly seats, dear god. So perfect.

Attachments

• 2B373F90-5D21-4EE6-8B9A-8D916EDA8F6E.jpg
    2B373F90-5D21-4EE6-8B9A-8D916EDA8F6E.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 441
  • 70F71F25-09C9-4D25-86BE-81F05F6F2C1F.jpg
    70F71F25-09C9-4D25-86BE-81F05F6F2C1F.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 431
  • 76F96B0F-5FD8-4F26-A8F1-45B41BCC0A19.jpg
    76F96B0F-5FD8-4F26-A8F1-45B41BCC0A19.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 426
That looks super comfy! Really ups the aggressiveness factor of your interior setup too. That will help big time for intimidating fools at Race Wars next time you throw down.

How I feel looking at Homer’s thread after cussing all night at a sloppy pushrod v8 swap:

3d5.jpg

Still probably my favorite TB car ever.

How I feel looking at Homer’s thread after cussing all night at a sloppy pushrod v8 swap:

Still probably my favorite TB car ever.

You're too kind.

It's time to ditch the M90. Having something that bolts on with no fuss was great but it's really time for a 6 speed. High RPMs on the highway, noisy without a dual mass flywheel, shift feel isn't the best. The 707 pressure plate I have is way overkill for the amount of torque I'm making. Sucks for city driving.

I snagged this GS6-53BZ last weekend for $240 (heh). It has a few small holes in the bell housing from a nuked clutch disc. Came out of an E9x M3. Complete with cool aux oil cooler connections and oil pump.
Plan:
-Chop the bellhousing, weld on a 960 auto one.
-TTR to make a flywheel that uses the 530d clutch.
-3.15 R&P from Bakaxel. The ratios will be perfect.

J65B008.jpg

2zWRYEz.jpg

Very cool. I am curious to see how you do the bellhousing splice. Will you remove the bellhousing from GS6-53BZ to do the work ? Looks like it it's part of the case. I've contemplated how to do a splice - seems like it would be easier to weld a blank flange on the transmission bellhousing and then machine the bolt pattern after indicating the input shaft bore.

Very cool. I am curious to see how you do the bellhousing splice. Will you remove the bellhousing from GS6-53BZ to do the work ? Looks like it it's part of the case. I've contemplated how to do a splice - seems like it would be easier to weld a blank flange on the transmission bellhousing and then machine the bolt pattern after indicating the input shaft bore.

The plan is going to be do something similar to this
http://bakaxel.se/vaxellador/andra-530d-5vxl-mb.html
Should be able to pop the front half of the case. Fixture will be a spare engine block, fixture in the rear most crank bearing bore and locate the trans off the input shaft bearing bore.

A mere 5 months later and the passenger seat arrived!
Did the drive to SLC from SF, a solid 12 hours in the car. These seats are amazingly comfortable. Can recommend.
mHjVG3w.jpg

Back